We went to a fantastic wedding last night. The bride is Indian and good 'ol M is a white boy from KY and it was so interesting to see the 2 families interact. It was all Indian food and traditional Indian garb. It was really funny because, I know S way better than M, but M and Brandon work together. We sat on S side and we were 2 of 6 not Indian people on the bride's side. M's entire side was "white". It was a backyard wedding. Okay, when I read backyard wedding, this was so not what I expected. The "backyard" overlooked this huge lake on the back nine of an exquisite golf course. Their playhouse in the backyard was as big as some homes in town, it was crazy nice. The bridal party did a traditional "wedding dance" for the bride and groom and it was amazing. I am obsessed with other cultures and this just made my night. There was no beef or pork in any of the food, which was splendid for me. I did have a couple of drinks and danced and danced and danced. M and S were absolutely stunning and they are so perfect for each other. They had this amazing "kid's place" for the children at the wedding. It had gumdrops and candy sticks and a chocolate fondue fountain. I promise you, it looked like Willy Wonka created it himself. There were these cute little buckets and bags you could fill up and take home with you. The porta potties had sinks! Did you hear me, sinks!?!? The tent had chandeliers. Yep! It was so lovely and wish them the best forever. Despite what Myra said in hr speech. And I quote..."S, you know I am here for you regardless of what happens between you guys..." I'll give you a minute to read that again...She said that during her toast, IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE RECEPTION! What the heck does that mean, regardless of what happens. What happened to, "Congratulations, you guys are meant for eachother, live long and prosper" or whatever. I took some pictures. They are only of the dances and not very good as all I had was my phone.
11.5.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment