2.6.08

To be so innocent and carefree...

I have to wonder, at what point do we, as humans, learn to be subtle and private about our bodily functions and needs.
We went to my besties' daughter's dance recital (it was awesome, btw) and Lily told me during a performance that she needed to go potty. We proceeded to make everyone in the aisle get up and let us out. Do you go butt to face or crotch to face? No idea. Anyway, there was a long set of steps to go up to the bathroom once we left the auditorium. There were still quite a few people out in the lobby waiting for their respective child's performance. We did our business in the ladies room and started our journey back down the steps toward the auditorium doors. Lily stopped midway on the steps and grunted a little and let out the loudest longest "toot." I said, "Lily!?" She looked at me and said "scuse me, mama" She then turned around to the people walking the steps behind us and said "I just tooted, I didn't go poopie" very matter of factly and continued on her descent. Oy vey!
I am very close to A's family so everyone kind of looks out for each other's kids. Anyway, K, A's SIL is getting ready to have her first baby, like yesterday, and Lily kept talking to the baby in her belly. And L, A's youngest and Lily were dancing and singing the whole time and it was so dag gone cute.

1 comment:

La Nuit Étoilée said...

well at least she was polite about it. lol.

i say, butt to face if you don't want to look at them, crotch to face if you want to awkwardly smile down at them. ;)