I had a job interview Monday and she called today to offer me the job. I interviewed with this firm last fall and felt fantastic about the interviews, the attorneys, the office, everything. I had an interview with her, then an interview with 2 of the attorneys, then a phone interview with all three of them together and they "went with someone with more recent experience." Totally understandable since I had been out of the legal field almost 2 years. Well, she contacted me several weeks ago saying that the person they hired back then did not work out. This time, all the same, I interviewed with her then the 2 of the attorneys joined us, the ones I met with last fall, then she called today to make an offer.
Why didn't they offer me the job last year??
Pros:
Crapton more money
Back in the legal field where I want to be
A lot of responsibility
We can afford Montessori
35 hour work week
Family is the firm's #1 priority
Always have weekends and holidays off (unless a trial is pending)
Be with Lily every.single.night
Cons:
No cushy schedule like I have now
I pretty much come and go as I please as long as I get my work finished
More than the 20 (up to 40) hours I work now
A lot of responsibility
No more discount
I love love love my manager now and I would really leave him in a pinch if I gave my notice
Struggle to afford Montessori
My manager was so glad to see me today. It was my first day back since my vacation and he went on and on about how he is glad I came back and this and that because this happened and that happened. Yowza, talk about guilty feelings. There is no way they would pay me anywhere near what the firm will though. HELP! I told S I would let her know tomorrow or thursday. I need some input, please.
30.7.08
Help...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Okay, I don't think I knew you were working now. Is it at a Montessori place? I'm slightly confused? You could still afford Montessori, but no more discount?
I kinda have a somewhat similar jam, but my principle problem hinges on the fact that neither my current nor prospective employer know that I'm pregnant.
Then I think, "But what would they DO without me?!!!" I worry about the community, the reports, the services, the newsletters, and the people. It's hard to remember, but, they got by without us before and probably will if we leave. I assume your notice would be two weeks' worth? At least you would be giving that, there are many who just up and quit their jobs. Now THAT's leaving someone in a pinch. Giving notice may be uncomfortable, but it's proper.
If you take the legal job, you will probably feel like you are moving forward. It is a good feeling to make progress.
Post a Comment